|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Hands-on Technical Administrator. Proactively administers broadcast information systems. Primary focus is on day-to-day operational support issues and administrative tasks related to broadcast servers, desktops and applications. After normal business hours response and weekend on-call support is part of this position.
- Ensures seamless 24/7 operation for broadcast servers, desktops and applications. Maximizes hardware and software systems availability and minimizes outages by responding quickly and effectively to all outages and providing proactive system administration support.
- Participates in the formulation and implementation of all business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing; updates business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures as required ensuring efficient recovery strategies are in place and work; executes business continuity and disaster recovery plans as required.
- Ensures optimum hardware and software system performance. Proactively responds to growing CPU, or storage requirements. Proactively responds to software releases, version updates, hot fixes, security related updates and issues, and log file entries.
- Ensures day-to-day server, desktop, and application administrative tasks are documented, executed in a timely manner, and are successful. Monitors service requests, customer satisfaction, virus protection updates, hardware and software warranties, log files, licenses, and inventories.
- Resolves quickly all operational issues, identifies root causes, researches and tests solutions, and documents findings.
- Evaluates and integrates software products and functionality that increases overall broadcast capabilities or automates tasks previously performed manually.
- Coordinates with other team members and departments as necessary.
- Identifies best products, practices, makes recommendations, and coordinates with vendors.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
- Computer Science or Information Systems degree desired.
- Technical Certifications (MCSE, A+, Check Point, Cisco) desired.
- Router, switch, firewall and VLAN experience desired.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing, trouble shooting and networking.
- Previous broadcast support experience desired.
- Hands-on cabling experience desired.
- Experience with creating disk images and virus protection packages required.
- Batch and script programming experience strongly desired.
- Hands-on hardware (PC, Server, network cabling) experience required.
- Minimum 3 years Help Desk experience required.
- Minimum 7 years hands on Microsoft Server administration experience required.
- Strong hands on experience with Active Directory, DNS and DHCP required.
- Minimum 3 years firewall experience strongly desired.
- Unix experience and shell programming desired.
- Excellent trouble-shooting experience (hardware, software, TCP/IP, applications, OS) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of basic Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, remain standing for long periods of time, and work in confined spaces.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.