Master Control Operator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To efficiently perform Master Control operations including switching multiple source on-air transitions, monitoring and IDing live and pre-recorded programs, recording and dubbing, and heads and tails editing.
- Consistently operates character generators and program keyers to properly present graphic material adhering to C-SPAN format and look.
- Proficient in switching in master control with server, and multiple source lives manually and using the Automation System. Be able to switch into the Washington Journal or other comparable studio productions.
- Records in house and remote signals; dubs different media formats into the server, assuring quality control of audio, video.
- Troubleshoots equipment. Handles equipment with care and respect.
- Ability to perform semi-complex edits in our newsroom production system.
- Ability to perform simple Production Control Room segments in PCR 4.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Minimum two years operational experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, crew members and editorial colleagues.
- Consistent performance in several technical areas.
- Understanding of C-SPAN's format in switching, IDing and editing.
- Ability to concentrate and focus on details.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.