|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To represent and promote C-SPAN in communities across the country at marketing events as part of C-SPANís Bus program; to represent and promote C-SPAN in communities across the country at marketing events without the bus; to represent C-SPAN at system level with local affiliates, local media and viewers to disseminate corporate messages and advance the goals of C-SPANís marketing department and Bus program.
- Researches potential venues, conferences and festivals for marketing events across the country which best advance corporate and departmental goals.
- Travels on-site with or without C-SPANís Bus to locations in the U.S. as part of national community outreach.
- Serves as main coordinator for planning, promoting, and implementing marketing events.
- Delivers presentations to public and community groups and represent C-SPAN at state and national trade shows, and cable, education and book industry functions and conferences.
- Partners with affiliates to coordinate marketing events that demonstrate value of the C-SPAN Networks. Serves as primary contact for local affiliates in collecting and disseminating logistics and information.
- Works with and support Affiliate Relations, Education Relations, Book TV, American History TV and Programming departments with their goals and activities through community visits.
- Implements marketing promotions and campaigns in accordance with corporate and departmental goals.
- Represents C-SPAN at events and communicates C-SPAN mission, philosophy and goals to key publics.
- Supports corporate efforts to gain carriage and distribution for C-SPAN networks and services.
- Implements strategies for media outreach around marketing events, including social media.
- Reports on key metrics for evaluating each Bus's marketing events.
- Develops national tours and events based on corporate priorities, departmental goals and marketing strategies.
- Provides Affiliate Relations department regular, on-going communications about strategic intelligence from local cable affiliates including business plans, carriage status and launch information.
- Shoots, conducts and produces short interviews (taped or live) using audio/video resources.
- Prepares activity/progress reports on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum two years proven public relations/marketing experience or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public affairs issues.
- Cable television marketing or public relations experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
- Must be willing and able to travel (40%-50% of the time).
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office software applications and other computer programs as required.
- Knowledge of social media applications preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license and have the ability to drive vehicles in accordance with C-SPAN operation guidelines.
- Must possess an adequate credit rating to qualify for receipt of a company-issued credit card.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.