Motor Coach Driver (Part-Time/Freelance)
|Employment Type:||Year-Round - Part Time|
Drive the C-SPAN Bus to and from local and remote locations and perform general maintenance and upkeep of the Bus.
- Operates Bus safely in accordance with all state and federal regulations and C-SPAN guidelines.
- Inspects Bus for maintenance requirements, safety defects and identifies malfunctions.
- Ensures Bus is constantly in compliance with all state and federal operating standards.
- Researches and anticipates weather, traffic and road conditions prior to and during trips and recommends alternatives as necessary.
- Performs light maintenance including filling and emptying fluids (water, oil, fuel, etc).
- Performs regular upkeep of exterior and interior of Bus including washing/waxing Bus, vacuuming and dusting, cleaning galley, lavatory and storage areas.
- Operates and maintains auxiliary Bus systems including generator, AC, awnings, lighting, security, etc.
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance.
- Assists with logistics, loading/unloading and operations as necessary.
- Assists Marketing Reps with execution of affiliate and community relations efforts used in the promotion of C-SPAN.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid commercial driverís license.
- Clean driving record.
- Minimum five years interstate bus or truck driving experience.
- Familiar with state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of on board auxiliary Bus systems.
- Knowledge of continental US road systems, as pertains to Bus operation.
- Knowledge of C-SPAN, first aid, computers and TV production helpful.