Producer/Videojournalist: C-SPAN Cities Tour
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To plan, shoot, edit and produce content for the C-SPAN networks and websites while traveling the country in our Local Content Vehicles; to represent C-SPAN through visits to communities across the country; to represent C-SPAN at system level with affiliates, schools, local media and local viewers while disseminating corporate messages and advancing the goals of C-SPAN and the Local Content Vehicle program.
- Researches, plans and produces program content at locations across the country.
- Works with Programming team to develop editorial plan based on programming priorities.
- Travels on-site to locations in U.S. as part of national tour.
- Shoots, conducts and produces interviews, tours, events Ė both taped and/or live.
- Edits video segments.
- Transfers video segments into C-SPAN video system.
- Provides updates on Local Content Vehicle program on C-SPANís social media and online platforms.
- Represents C-SPAN and communicates C-SPAN mission, philosophy and goals to key publics.
- Works with Programming Manager to develop segments.
- Coordinates Local Content Vehicle marketing events when needed.
- Participates in marketing events that demonstrate value of the C-SPAN networks.
- Delivers presentations to public and community groups when needed.
- Drives C-SPAN Local Content Vehicle.
- Implements strategies for media outreach around Local Content Vehicle events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum four years proven television production and/or marketing experience or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public affairs issues.
- Marketing or public relations experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills essential.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Ability to work on or learn Adobe Premiere editing system.
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office or Apple software applications and other computer programs as required.
- Knowledge of social media applications preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license and have the ability to drive vehicles in accordance with C-SPAN operation guidelines.
- Must possess an adequate credit rating to qualify for receipt of a company-issued credit card.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.