Field Tech - 2 Positions NYC (Freelance)
|Location:||New York City, NY|
|Employment Type:||On Call|
Responsible for setting up and executing live and taped coverage of programs to air on the C-SPAN platforms. Effectively performs field and studio production operations including camera, audio and lighting following C-SPANís production standards.
Remote event coverage-
Studio event coverage Ė
- Sets up and operates Field TV Production equipment including ENG cameras, audio and recording decks for standard single and multiple camera productions.
- Sets up, operates and is knowledgeable about equipment and power requirements needed to light single camera and multi-camera events. Employs safe practices in securing lights, light stands and all cables with sand bags and gaffers tape to ensure safety of all attendees.
- Directs multiple camera productions using C-SPANís directing principles and procedures.
- Operates camera for single and multiple camera productions as if live including providing smooth on-air moves (tilt, pan, zooms in/out); maintaining proper framing and focus, etc.
- Completes a running log of the time, names and descriptions of people speaking during events.
- Delivers media to C-SPANís Washington D.C. offices by either FedEx or feeding it from our NYC facilities.
- Communicates effectively with C-SPANís Assignment Desk.
- Assists in determining directions and transportation to event sites in the metro area and transports gear with appropriate care.
- Turns on all of the studio equipment and ensures each are in working order.
- Assists DC Studio production staff with conducting technical tests of this equipment including cameras, microphones, IFB ear pieces and other communication gear.
- Helps trouble shoot technical problems if necessary.
- Confirms with C-SPANís DC Transmission Center that it is receiving all video/audio signals from NYC studio.
- Adjusts lights when necessary and instructed by DC Studio production staff.
- Makes simple set changes including backgrounds and furniture placement.
- Prepares the studio and office space for guests.
- Represents C-SPAN to our guests by greeting them when they arrive and briefing them on technical set up for their appearance.
- Applies minimal make up to guests who need it.
- Maintains constant communication during the production with the DC Studio production staff.
- Ensures safe and secure storage of C-SPAN equipment and work space and follows equipment procedures regarding safety and handling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience with setting up and operating remote television production equipment.
- Working knowledge of studio production equipment including cameras, audio and lighting instruments.
- Experience with microphone and IFB setup and ability to trouble shoot problems with each.
- Understanding of basic IO panels.
- At least five years related work experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrates dependability, initiative and is adaptable to changing priorities.
- Understanding of C-SPAN mission, programming approach and shooting style.
- Ability to work under pressure, to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain accurate, legible records, to lift and carry items weighing up to 40lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.