Field Tech - 2 Positions NYC (Freelance)
|Location:||New York City, NY|
|Employment Type:||On Call|
Responsible for setting up and executing live and taped coverage of programs to air on the C-SPAN platforms. Effectively performs field and studio production operations including camera, audio and lighting following C-SPANís production standards.
Remote event coverage-
Studio event coverage Ė
- Sets up and operates Field TV Production equipment including ENG cameras, audio and recording decks for standard single and multiple camera productions.
- Sets up, operates and is knowledgeable about equipment and power requirements needed to light single camera and multi-camera events. Employs safe practices in securing lights, light stands and all cables with sand bags and gaffers tape to ensure safety of all attendees.
- Directs multiple camera productions using C-SPANís directing principles and procedures.
- Operates camera for single and multiple camera productions as if live including providing smooth on-air moves (tilt, pan, zooms in/out); maintaining proper framing and focus, etc.
- Completes a running log of the time, names and descriptions of people speaking during events.
- Delivers media to C-SPANís Washington D.C. offices by either FedEx or feeding it from our NYC facilities.
- Communicates effectively with C-SPANís Assignment Desk.
- Assists in determining directions and transportation to event sites in the metro area and transports gear with appropriate care.
- Turns on all of the studio equipment and ensures each are in working order.
- Assists DC Studio production staff with conducting technical tests of this equipment including cameras, microphones, IFB ear pieces and other communication gear.
- Helps trouble shoot technical problems if necessary.
- Confirms with C-SPANís DC Transmission Center that it is receiving all video/audio signals from NYC studio.
- Adjusts lights when necessary and instructed by DC Studio production staff.
- Makes simple set changes including backgrounds and furniture placement.
- Prepares the studio and office space for guests.
- Represents C-SPAN to our guests by greeting them when they arrive and briefing them on technical set up for their appearance.
- Applies minimal make up to guests who need it.
- Maintains constant communication during the production with the DC Studio production staff.
- Ensures safe and secure storage of C-SPAN equipment and work space and follows equipment procedures regarding safety and handling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience with setting up and operating remote television production equipment.
- Working knowledge of studio production equipment including cameras, audio and lighting instruments.
- Experience with microphone and IFB setup and ability to trouble shoot problems with each.
- Understanding of basic IO panels.
- At least five years related work experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrates dependability, initiative and is adaptable to changing priorities.
- Understanding of C-SPAN mission, programming approach and shooting style.
- Ability to work under pressure, to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain accurate, legible records, to lift and carry items weighing up to 40lbs and to stand for extended periods of time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.