Radio Producer (Part-Time)
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Provide a link to your audio voice sample or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for producing an air shift and providing voice-overs. Participates in editorial decisions relating to radio schedule. Airs live and recorded events, operates air consoles and other technical equipment. Produces features and special projects as assigned.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, oversees the schedule and editorial content of an assigned shift.
- Airs live and recorded programs, following editorial guidelines for proper IDing, presentation of contextual information, and scheduling information. Complies with FCC requirements.
- Writes copy for radio programs, program breaks and promotions.
- Delivers live and recorded voice-overs for radio programming and promotions.
- Operates air console during shift and other technical equipment as required including the digital audio storage/delivery system.
- Ensures that the quality and content of radio programming during the assigned shift meets editorial and technical guidelines. Provides regular feedback to the General Manager on quality control issues.
- Promptly communicates facility/equipment breakdowns and problems to General Manager and Engineering staff. Takes corrective measures when appropriate.
- May coordinate or direct the work of other personnel assigned to shift.
- Produces feature radio programs and manages other projects as assigned by the General Manager.
- Contributes to long term planning of programming and/or facilities.
- Stays abreast of public policy issues/processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorís degree in related field.
- At least three years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in public affairs and public policy process.
- Radio or television on-air experience.
- Solid writing, organizational, editorial decision-making and voice-over skills.
- Ability to work as a team leader and team member, and to consistently perform in a highly detailed and deadline oriented environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.