Producer - Temp (Assignment ends 5/18/18)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||(Position ends 5/18/18)
To produce daily event coverage and special programming.
- Researches and produces daily event coverage and disseminates information to all platforms in a timely manner.
- Researches specific events for accurate information that furthers the audience's understanding and increases the value of what we offer across all platforms.
- Consistently identifies and communicates to all platforms the most newsworthy and relevant aspects of assigned events in a timely and accurate manner.
- Edits event coverage in a timely manner.
- Efficiently and effectively coordinates all elements of studio and field productions for special events and issue-oriented programming as assigned.
- Prepares and organizes paperwork as assigned.
- Acts as Field Producer as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Radio-TV-Film, Political Science or Journalism.
- Minimum four years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in public current affairs.
- Knowledge of a newsroom system, especially Dalet, a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, but also take direction.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to operate vehicles in accordance with C-SPAN guidelines.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.