Computer Specialist - 2 Positions
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Primary focus is on day-to-day desk side support and basic desktop administration. Provides hands-on technical support to end-users resolving hardware and software issues in a highly professional, efficient, and effective manner. Position includes after normal business hours support and weekend and after normal business hours on-call support.
- Responds quickly to email, voicemail, and telephone desk side support requests. Ensures all requests for support are logged in TrackIT ensuring accurate resolution information is recorded.
- Quickly resolves all desk side hardware and software support issues or escalates difficult issues in a timely manner.
- Notifies Information Team in a timely manner when issues arise that prevents quick response/resolution (within 2 hours) to desk side support requests.
- Performs desk side support in a professional manner and when feasible, performs support at times that are best suited to end-user.
- Maintains desktop image library – the standard desktop configuration - updating as required.
- Creates new and maintains existing user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Performs spot checks of desktop log files and notifies the IS Team immediately when new or unusual activity appears in a log file.
- Maintains hardware and software inventories as well as tracking the checkout and check in of all loaner equipment.
- Performs spot checks of disk space utilization and CPU utilization on corporate desktops – and is familiar with normal utilization levels – and notifies the IS Team when changes to normal utilization levels occur.
- Familiar with all hardware and off-the-shelf software products used to support day-to-day operations.
- Understands and executes all departmental processes and procedures in a timely manner.
- Performs system upgrades as directed by the Director, Information Systems.
- Documents new and updates existing operational procedures.
- Coordinates with other team members and departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
- Technical degree (computer science, information systems) desired.
- Minimum three years hands-on hardware and software trouble-shooting experience required.
- Minimum three years help desk experience required.
- Must have a positive attitude and interface well with end-users.
- Well rounded knowledge of basic Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) required.
- Experience with imaging software and virus protection packages.
- Minimum two years Windows XP and Windows 7 experience.
- Strong desktop deployment and support experience required.
- Minimum two years hands-on Windows 2003 & 2008 administration experience.
- Minimum two years experience with Active Directory required.
- Certifications (Microsoft, A+) desired.
- Hands-on cabling experience desired.
- Microsoft Exchange experience required.
- Capable of quickly learning to support custom built software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, be prepared to stand for extended periods of time, and work in confined spaces (under desks and behind racks).