Computer Specialist - 2 Positions
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Primary focus is on day-to-day desk side support and basic desktop administration. Provides hands-on technical support to end-users resolving hardware and software issues in a highly professional, efficient, and effective manner. Position includes after normal business hours support and weekend and after normal business hours on-call support.
- Responds quickly to email, voicemail, and telephone desk side support requests. Ensures all requests for support are logged in TrackIT ensuring accurate resolution information is recorded.
- Quickly resolves all desk side hardware and software support issues or escalates difficult issues in a timely manner.
- Notifies Information Team in a timely manner when issues arise that prevents quick response/resolution (within 2 hours) to desk side support requests.
- Performs desk side support in a professional manner and when feasible, performs support at times that are best suited to end-user.
- Maintains desktop image library – the standard desktop configuration - updating as required.
- Creates new and maintains existing user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Performs spot checks of desktop log files and notifies the IS Team immediately when new or unusual activity appears in a log file.
- Maintains hardware and software inventories as well as tracking the checkout and check in of all loaner equipment.
- Performs spot checks of disk space utilization and CPU utilization on corporate desktops – and is familiar with normal utilization levels – and notifies the IS Team when changes to normal utilization levels occur.
- Familiar with all hardware and off-the-shelf software products used to support day-to-day operations.
- Understands and executes all departmental processes and procedures in a timely manner.
- Performs system upgrades as directed by the Director, Information Systems.
- Documents new and updates existing operational procedures.
- Coordinates with other team members and departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties and projects as required.
- Technical degree (computer science, information systems) desired.
- Minimum three years hands-on hardware and software trouble-shooting experience required.
- Minimum three years help desk experience required.
- Must have a positive attitude and interface well with end-users.
- Well rounded knowledge of basic Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) required.
- Experience with imaging software and virus protection packages.
- Minimum two years Windows XP and Windows 7 experience.
- Strong desktop deployment and support experience required.
- Minimum two years hands-on Windows 2003 & 2008 administration experience.
- Minimum two years experience with Active Directory required.
- Certifications (Microsoft, A+) desired.
- Hands-on cabling experience desired.
- Microsoft Exchange experience required.
- Capable of quickly learning to support custom built software products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, be prepared to stand for extended periods of time, and work in confined spaces (under desks and behind racks).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.