Guest Assistant - Washington Journal (Part-Time/Temporary: 6/4/18-12/4/18)
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||To be considered for this position, you must:
- be a junior or senior currently pursuing a bachelor's degree
- be available to work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 6am-10:15am and
- work the complete six-month assignment (6/4/18-12/4/18).
Assist the Producers with the execution of the Washington Journal, a daily, live program on C-SPAN television network by coordinating the activities of the program’s guests.
- Prepares the green room prior to the program.
- Monitors incoming tweets and e-mail messages during the program and assists the Producer in selecting tweets and e-mail messages to be read on the air.
- Greets all program guests when they arrive at C-SPAN.
- Helps to make the guests comfortable and relaxed before going on-air by explaining the show’s format, reviewing the guests’ biographical information, answering their questions and accompanying them to the set.
- Escorts guests to and from the set.
- Assists production staff in other pre-production activities as required.
- Undergraduate student (junior or senior) with a keen interest in the political process and/or television production.
- Ability to work an early morning/weekend schedule (Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 6am-10:15am).
- Reliability a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.