Political Producer - Temporary (3 Positions)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||These positions run 8/27/18-11/7/18.
Producer for C-SPANís 2018 mid-term election coverage. Working with the Political Editor, is responsible for overseeing all aspects of our debate and campaign coverage. Identifies which events to cover and produces those programs for air. Effectively communicates across all C-SPAN platforms.
- Researches, identifies and obtains key debates in House/Senate and gubernatorial races.
- Serves as lead Producer for campaign related productions, including election night programming.
- Line produces coverage when necessary.
- Works with Assignment Desk to hire crews and coordinate logistical information for live feeds, tape playbacks and tape shipments of debates.
- Coordinates all contracts with debate sponsors and/or television outlets.
- Provides regular updates on social media/Twitter and sends out content on a daily/regular basis.
- Provides editorial guidance to all C-SPAN platforms, including Washington Journal and Radio for possible topics, guests and issues.
- Manages the relationship with our media partners.
- Keeps current on news and public affairs, especially as they relate to politics.
- Bachelorís degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science.
- Minimum of four to five years related television production experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in politics.
- Strong understanding of DALET; C-SPAN editorial process and style.
- Demonstrated editorial decision-making ability.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to be a team player, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and produce results.
- Willingness to maintain a very flexible work schedule, with evening and weekend hours.
- Strong computer and social media technology skills.
- Effective communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.