Programmer - Temporary (ASAP until 3/31/19)
|Location:||West Lafayette, IN|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This position starts immediately and ends 3/31/19.
Develops, documents and maintains software for the indexing and publication of archival video and data.
- Helps develop and maintain C-SPAN.org and the systems used for managing, indexing, abstracting, archiving and retrieval of public affairs media and data in multiple formats.
- Analyzes problems and recommends software solutions.
- launching new features integrating Archives data, media and systems.
- Upgrades and documents existing software.
- Implements systems to reflect the needs of the Archives with respect to management of an ever-increasing amount of data, improvements to data entry methods and changes in infrastructure.
- Interacts with Digital Media staff and management.
- Performs other duties as designated.
- Professional experience with Linux/Unix, PHP and SQL required.
- Experience using source control, front-end web technologies, video transcoding workflows and cloud services such as Amazon Web Services are a plus.
- Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Technology preferred.
- Minimum three years related work experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.