Production Assistant - Washington Journal
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The shift for this position is Tuesday-Saturday, 5am-1pm.
Assist with the production of C-SPAN's Washington Journal, the network’s daily live morning viewer call-in program.
- Answers, screens and posts viewer calls for Washington Journal.
- Assists Producer in the production of the live show.
- Assists Producers in the preparation of various program elements, including video clips and background research.
- Helps develop and maintain Washington Journal's social media presence.
- Creates on-air graphics consistent with presentation guidelines.
- Keeps current on news and public affairs through traditional, online and social media.
- Keeps computer database up-to-date.
- Oversees all supplies for Washington Journal personnel and production.
- Manages green room operations by greeting and preparing for air guests on the Washington Journal.
- Functions in similar capacities for other C-SPAN programs under the jurisdiction of the Washington Journal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in current events, politics and public affairs.
- Understanding of C-SPAN programming and philosophy.
- Strong social media skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully under deadline.
- Availability to work very early mornings and weekends.