Producer - Politics
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Assists the Political Editor with overseeing all aspects of our political coverage. Serves as lead Producer for C-SPAN�s Presidential and Congressional election programming including event coverage as well as any studio productions. Effectively communicates to all the C-SPAN platforms. Coordinates the management and content posted on our political web page as well as communicated via social media.
- Assists Political Editor in all aspects of C-SPAN's campaign coverage.
- Researches, identifies and produces programming for Road To The White House 2020.
- Field produces LIVE coverage of campaign events.
- Produces campaign specials, primary/ election night coverage and political convention programming.
- Provides editorial guidance to all C-SPAN platforms and programs.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationship with presidential campaign staffs and the national parties.
- Works with Assignment Desk to hire crews and coordinate logistical information for live feeds and tape acquisition.
- Coordinates our relationship with any other media organization.
- Works with the Media Relations team to provide regular updates on Social Media.
- Manages the content on our Campaign webpages.
- Keeps current on news and public affairs, especially as they relate to politics.
- Extensive knowledge of and interest in politics.
- Minimum of four years related television production experience required.
- Demonstrated editorial decision-making ability.
- Willingness to maintain a very flexible work schedule, with evening and weekend hours and travel as needed.
- Experience working with a newsroom system and sending video via FTP.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to be a team player, meet deadlines, work well under pressure and produce results.
- Strong computer and social media technology skills.
- Effective communication skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.