Production Assistant - Prog Ops
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Assist Producers in preparing LIVE/taped public affairs content for air on C-SPAN, C-SPAN2 or C-SPAN3, including programming for congressional breaks and holiday periods.
- Maintains accurate and detailed information on programming for the TV networks.
- Coordinates with colleagues (PAs, Producers, etc) on status of program elements.
- Edits programming in our Dalet system and coordinates workflow for Dalet video and graphics.
- Generates error-free logs, outlining network program schedules.
- Processes phone calls for viewer call-in segments.
- Assists Producers in conducting LIVE Senate vote tallies.
- Provides research and other organizational help to Producers and Coordinating Producers as needed.
- Creates accurate on-air graphics, consistent with C-SPAN presentation guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree, preferably in related field. Related experience preferred.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of public affairs and politics.
- Ability to work independently and/or with Production Assistant colleagues and Producers, within time limits.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules.
- Proficiency in use of computer systems and with basic editing techniques (via Dalet).
- Conversant in uses of social media.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.