Assignment Desk Editor
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Coordinates the technical and logistical requirements for daily programming operations. Researches and provides relevant information needed to make editorial and logistical decisions for coverage of public affairs events on all C-SPAN platforms.
- Coordinates technical and logistical requirements for local daily event coverage including communicating with and scheduling field crews and coordination of proper equipment with equipment assets staff.
- Coordinates technical and logistical requirements for remote domestic and international coverage including crew hires, studio bookings, satellite and fiber requests.
- Effectively researches and identifies relevant domestic public affairs events which C-SPAN should cover.
- Keeps abreast of upcoming public affairs events by monitoring all media platforms including social media sources.
- Provides complete and accurate information about events at department editorial meetings.
- Works intra- and inter-departmentally to promote and complement our event coverage.
- Follows established guidelines and procedures for technical quality control; including air-ready checks of crew hire tapes.
- Represents the network to external event contacts and cultivates relationships to facilitate our programming goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of public policy and current events.
- At least four years of related experience.
- Demonstrated editorial judgment.
- Researching skills necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside the organization.
- College degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Science or related field preferred.
- Understanding of C-SPAN�s programming mission and philosophy.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.