Production Assistant - Radio
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Responsible for supporting the production of an air shift and providing voice-overs as required. Assists shift producer, monitors live and recorded events, operates air console and other technical equipment. Also assists in researching, editing and production of feature programming.
- Assists the radio producer/host with the airing of programs during an assigned shift.
- Researches and gathers materials and information necessary for the preparation and execution of radio program schedule, working with radio television and online teams, assignment desk and other resources.
- Records, monitors and edits incoming feeds and works with engineering staff to ensure technical quality.
- Writes scripts for on-air use according to C-SPAN style guidelines.
- May be assigned to produce air shifts.
- Follows editorial guidelines for proper IDing, presentation of contextual information and scheduling information and complies with FCC requirements.
- Operates the digital audio storage/delivery system and other technical equipment necessary for the production and recording of radio programs.
- Stays abreast of public policy issues/processes.
- Composes and sends Tweets from C-SPAN Radio account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in related field.
- Knowledge of and interest in public affairs, public policy process and political history.
- Solid administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to consistently perform in a highly detailed and dead-line oriented environment.
- Some radio on-air and production experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.