|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Accounting role within the C-SPAN Finance team. The Accounting Clerk reports to the Controller and assists the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Capital Assets functions. Key responsibilities include opening finance department mail, performing voucher/invoice entry into AX accounting software and attaching scanned invoices, assisting with vendor disputes and vendor management, performing Accounts Receivable vendor reconciliations and cash applications, performing Capital Assets data entry, and assisting with asset inventory.
- Opens Finance department mail and monitors electronic invoice mailbox for new vendor invoices. Scans vendor invoices into AX accounting software.
- Enters all invoices into AX accounting software. Assists with coding of non-purchase order vouchers/invoices into AX accounting software.
- Manages the Finance email mailbox and assists with vendor and departmental inquiries on A/P operations. Reviews all A/P statements.
- Maintains Critical Vendor Report to ensure timely payments. Communicates regularly with Finance staff and other departmental staff to assist in the timely review and approval of invoices.
- Files all checks and assists with filing/organization of finance records.
- Assists with A/R functions including MSO subscriber reconciliations and other A/R duties as required.
- Enters all new capital assets into AX accounting software system.
- Assists with capital asset inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor�s degree in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Minimum one year of accounting experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with the use of MS Excel and MS Word required. Knowledge of AX and other accounting packages preferred.
- High integrity individual. Extremely detail oriented.
- Demonstrated self-starter. Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to independently pursue projects to completion.
- A strong work ethic and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to be flexible and work well with others as a team player.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.