Digital Producer - Storyteller (Temporary)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This is a six month assignment.
Strategize, produce and manage production of video content into short stories, primarily for social platforms. Increase production of C-SPAN video content, geared for social/digital media, but available to all platforms. Boost/enhance/modernize/support C-SPAN's social media presence.
- Creates several, daily, video-driven short stories using C-SPAN content, available to all platforms, created with social/digital media in mind in a timely manner.
- Writes scripts that are engaging, informative, entertaining and have a unique voice.
- Consistently identifies and communicates to all platforms the most newsworthy and relevant aspects of assigned events in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creates behind the scenes look into topics, events, people or places that would be more evergreen and to provide context for C-SPAN programming.
- Supports C-SPAN corporate social media efforts.
- Expands opportunities for C-SPAN's social media presence on Instagram, Reddit, Snap, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Digital Media, Radio-TV-Film, Political Science or Journalism.
- Minimum two years related experience.
- Strong knowledge and interest in public affairs and current affairs.
- Ability to use all C-SPAN tools including Dalet, Video Library, screengrab database preferred.
- Strong video editing skills and experience with Final Cut Pro and Premiere.
- Ability to engage with audiences on social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, but also take direction.
- Ability to be creative and innovative.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in top social media platforms.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends, pending breaking news.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and a strong command of fact-checking and journalistic best practices.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.