|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Receives, routes and coordinates all in-coming and out-going daily feeds.
- Manages and initiates quality control of incoming feeds from remote locations via satellite, microwave, telco, fiber links, IP data streams, cellular streams and other technologies with minimal supervision.
- Monitors and troubleshoots WCSP radio signals to transmitters.
- Regularly tests various redundant and/or back-up paths, communicating status to Engineering department.
- Directs tests for incoming events (muxing, IP, Fiber, Satellite, etc.).
- Pro-actively checks newsroom system for added feeds and communicates as necessary.
- Assists Assignment desk with managing feeds for large scale events (i.e., conventions).
- Operates KU downlink, router control, DA’s, waveform, decoders, encoders, muxes, frame syncs, microwave receivers, monitor/vectorscope and other video/audio equipment.
- Troubleshoots any problems with equipment in transmission, requesting engineering assistance as needed.
- Communicates/coordinates incoming feeds with Field crews, Producers, VTR Operators, Master Control Operators, web and radio staffs.
- Monitors and communicates issues with outbound feeds including air signals, disaster recovery signals, international feeds and pool feeds.
- Follows trouble report procedures.
- Uses basic computer/wiring projects in areas of cable runs and cable terminations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical degree or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience.
- Minimum three years directly related experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audio/video equipment including newer technologies.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills a requirement.
- Ability to work with others in a team atmosphere.
- Capable of being a self-starter.
- Proven logical, organized thought processes.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and weekends.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.