Master Control Operator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
To efficiently perform Master Control Operations including switching multiple source on-air transitions, monitoring and IDing live and pre-recorded programs, recording and dubbing and heads and tails editing.
- Consistently operates character generators and program keyers to properly present graphic material adhering to C-SPAN format and look.
- Proficient in switching in master control with server, pre-recorded and/or multiple source lives manually and using the Automation System.
- Records inhouse and remote signals; dub various formats into the server, assuring quality control of audio, video and closed captioning.
- Troubleshoots equipment. Handles equipment with care and respect.
- Proficient in editing heads and tails shoots on server and tape.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline.
- One year operational experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, crew members and editorial colleagues.
- Consistent performance in several technical areas.
- Understanding of C-SPAN's format in switching, IDing and editing.
- Ability to concentrate and focus on details.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement under pressure.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.