Field Tech - Camera/Audio/Lighting: 2 Positions (Vacation Relief)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This 13-week assignment ends 7/31/19.
To effectively perform field production operations including camera, audio, lighting, portable transmission and recording procedures to acquire a product consistent with the C-SPAN mission, corporate values, and technical standards.
- Sets up and operates ENG cameras for single camera and multiple camera productions, including robotic cameras.
- Sets up and operates audio equipment, including mixers, audio boards and microphones for our standard single and multiple camera productions and understands how that equipment works.
- Sets up, operates and is knowledgeable about equipment and power requirements needed to light single camera and multi-camera events that take place in hotels, think tanks, Capitol Hill hearing rooms, etc.
- Sets up and understands the operation and signal flow of all portable and permanent rack systems used in C-SPAN productions.
- Sets up and operates C-SPAN's portable transmission gear and understands how this equipment works.
- Has knowledge of and understands how to route, patch and pool all permanently wired Capitol Hill rooms and locations to their respective hubs and hub rooms.
- Has knowledge of and understands how to use the patch panels in the US Capitol technical hub.
- Has knowledge of and understands how to use fiber transmission lines around Washington DC.
- Sets up, operates, cleans and understands how recording decks work, including setting menu systems, etc.
- Follows equipment procedures regarding safety, handling and trouble ticketing.
- Completes a running log of the time, names and descriptions of people speaking during events when assigned.
- Drives vans and mini-vans, knows directions to event sites in the metro area and can determine and follow appropriate parking procedures. Assists in the care and maintenance of these vehicles as well.
- Follows all financial procedures and guidelines, including timely and correct expense reports, time sheets and leave and special requests.
- Updates department records when necessary.
- Has knowledge and/or can perform basic day-to-day workings of the equipment room (similar to those of the Technical Assets Assistant).
- Stays abreast of and assists Field Department with integration of new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently watches the network and follows public affairs.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing a quality, cost effective product.
- Adapts to changing priorities.
- Demonstrates dependability and initiative.
- Acts as a member of a team.
- Represents the network professionally in actions and appearance.
- Ability to operate camera, audio, tape recorders and lighting operations.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with C-SPAN employees and external contacts.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedules and assignments.
- Ability to drive cargo and passenger vans in accordance with C-SPAN vehicle operation guidelines.
- Ability to consistently execute technical skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate, legible records.
- Routinely required to work overtime hours.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Frequently required to walk and stand for extended periods in time and in a variety of weather conditions while performing job.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus two years relevant work experience.
- Must possess an adequate credit rating to qualify for receipt of a company-issued credit card.
- Must provide a current Motor Vehicle Record from the state that issued their driver's license and hold a valid driver's license.