|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Communications Specialist’s primary role is to write and edit C-SPAN’s corporate and promotional materials that raise the general awareness and perceived value of C-SPAN.
- Writes and edits all copy for print, digital and corporate collateral for a variety of audiences including consumer, cable trade and education. Edits Marketing department media releases, videos, letters and other Marketing department projects.
- Performs as a member of creative team to develop marketing efforts that fit corporate strategies and meet objectives of assignments.
- Writes, edits and consolidates copy submitted by various units and departments for print promotions and is primary liaison to other departments for coordinating promotable material.
- Gathers information and writes weekly newsletters for our subscribers.
- Researches data, facts, photos, licenses and rights for C-SPAN promotions, products and other projects.
- Collaborates with marketing team to brainstorm new concepts.
- Ensures editorial consistency and performs quality control procedures for print materials and other publications.
- Writes, edits, fact checks and coordinates projects for C-SPAN publications, publishing efforts, and when appropriate acts as primary liaison to publishers and designers.
- Assists in the coordination of special promotions to key markets through their conferences and special events such as state conventions, journalism conferences and book festivals to raise the awareness of C-SPAN to targeted groups.
- Coordinates all market research projects, including those designed and conducted in-house and those sourced through vendors.
- Writes, coordinates and evaluates external proposals for special corporate promotions.
- Proofreads copy accurately.
- Gathers information, writes and sends audience email alerts for C-SPAN special programming and events through online email application.
- Writes SEM, Facebook and Twitter ads and occasionally executes social media ad placement.
- Stays abreast of cable issues, the media and political and government news.
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Communications, English or Journalism.
- Minimum three years experience, including Marketing Services or Advertising.
- Ability to manage copy assignments from input stage through final production.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of others, including staff and outside vendors.
- Experienced and sound creative judgment when handling several tasks simultaneously and solving a variety of creative problems with minimal supervision.
- Good editorial judgment and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office and familiarity with social media.
- Excellent communication skills; team-based project development essential.
- Knowledge of public affairs, the cable industry, Capitol Hill and C-SPAN.
- Solid organizational skills.