Producer - Washington Journal (Temporary)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This 13-Week assignment will begin late June/early July
Produce segments for C-SPAN’s signature morning call-in program.
- Identifies and suggests relevant topics and guests for daily program.
- Books guests for these segments.
- Decides what video and graphic elements to include within the segment.
- Actively participates in editorial meetings.
- Briefs hosts and control room staff.
- Promotes guests and Washington Journal content on various social media platforms.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in Capitol Hill and public affairs.
- Minimum four years news or public affairs television production experience.
- Strong booking skills.
- Understanding of C-SPAN programming and philosophy.
- Demonstrated editorial decision-making experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science or Radio/TV.
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Live control room experience a plus.