Producer - Temporary (Prog Ops)
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This position begins as soon as possible and ends 10/1/19
Responsible for creation and execution of program schedules for a multi-hour period
each shift for any of the TV networks. This includes taped and LIVE programming, and House and Senate floor coverage.
- Generates schedules for C-SPAN, C-SPAN2 or C-SPAN3, consistent with editorial and presentation guidelines. Creates program logs for execution of program elements by technical staff. Coordinates use of on-air graphics during events.
- Organizes material for transitions between programs, including script (writing), delivery of key editorial or corporate messages, event clips and other items helpful to the viewers’ understanding of news and public affairs.
- When covering House or Senate sessions, monitors debate carefully and reports any significant action to editorial colleagues. Organizes programming for vote breaks and quorum calls that highlight key elements of the day’s debate or other action on Capitol Hill.
- Plays overall lead role in LIVE programming, including coordination with announcers, field crews and in-house technical staff.
- Helps to effectively execute programming during congressional breaks.
- Be a dedicated watcher of the network you’re producing in order to execute daily on-air product well and participate in discussions of best practices.
- Strong adherence to individual, department and corporate goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of three years related experience.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules as needed.
- General familiarity with C-SPAN product, including content delivered on TV and other platforms.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team setting, including demonstration of strong communication skills, and display of composure and leadership in LIVE control room scenarios.
- Very well-versed in news and public affairs issues, and on players on Capitol Hill and elsewhere in Washington.
- Strong editorial writing and editing skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to leverage editorial content for various purposes.
- Familiarity with elements of social media, and how they might interact with our on-air TV product.